It’s gameday, it’s an afternoon (1 p.m.) start, and the visitors are beginning a road trip with three games in four days. The Stars (4th in the Central) and Islanders (2nd in the Metro) begin play with 22 points each.
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks here.
- It sure sounds like Michael Dal Colle, called up Thursday but not dressed, will get his season debut today. [Newsday | Islanders Insight]
- The Sound Tigers continue to roll, sweeping through Canada with wins over Laval and Belleville. Here’s Michael Fornabaio’s live (remote) blog from last night, which was Brent Thompson’s 200th win. [Soundin’ Off]
- Here was the gamer and the running blog of the night before, the win over Laval. [CT Post | Soundin’ Off] Also, FanPost after the game. [LHH]
- Talkin to Fornabaio on the PTIsles podcast. [SoundCloud]
- An engaging book on the branding of the Fisherman/sticks era, as told and researched by a fan who started following the team right after they abandoned the wavy look. [Newsday]
- The Islanders are all in on Barry Trotz’s grit formula. More telling, really, are Cal Clutterbuck’s continued quotes about how every player actually knows where he’s supposed to be on the ice (vs. last year). [Athletic]
- After today’s game is Anders Lee Kancer Jamp fundraiser, and the story of Fenov Pierre-Louis is one that will touch you every time. [Newsday]
- Stan Fischler on the 1975-76 Islanders, including their 800-pound gorilla. [Isles]
- Brayden Point’s fast hat trick brought back memories for ex-Isle Derek King. [Athletic]
- Puppy Blog! Radar takes in Isles practice. [Isles]
- The Isles wives step up for charity. [Isles]