In a super-sized episode, Mike & Dan break down a busy week for the Islanders and the NHL, and the inspiring words of Barry Trotz.
They discuss wins against the Devils and Hurricanes, losses to the Rangers and Capitals and how the coach is bringing both a game plan and pride back to the franchise. They also go through the return to the Coliseum, moves made by the Oilers, Blackhawks and Flyers and a possible dick move made by the Bruins. Finally, Mike tells stories about familial team disputes and crashing a high school reunion to watch a game.
Parental Discretion Advised for course language.
Check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
- Arthur Staple on the Islanders after 20 games (aka right after that Rangers disaster).
- Jenny’s recap of that game and question about playing younger players.
- Staple on the Islanders holding the high-flying Hurricanes to just three high danger scoring chances in a 4-1 win.
- Barry Trotz believes the Islanders can be a champion and an obstacle for the defending champion Caps. [Newsday]
- And if you (somehow) haven’t seen the inspiring video of his talk with the Caps before Monday’s game, here you go. His mention of going through the Island comes at about the 1:18 mark:
- Get Trotz’s “You’ll Have to Go Through The Island” on a shirt through Yes Men Outfitters.
- Here’s Charlie O’Connor on why Ron Hextall was fired, which might bring up some bad memories of the Islanders’ recent past.
- I erroneously reported that assistant coach Gord Dineen was let go by the Flyers, when it was actually Gord Murphy. My apologies. I must have been out of my Gord.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: “Sports” by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us” by Starship. Good luck getting that out of your head now.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey