Damn, it’s been awhile considering the fact that I have typed out “Islanders Gameday Information.” Welcome back again, gang. It is gonna be a toughie. They host the Lightning on Coliseum ice tonight, and Tampa Bay is possibly not joyful immediately after losing to the Penguins the other evening.
ALSO: Forgot to add this originally, I’m sorry, but a new Islanders Stress and anxiety dropped yesterday. Arthur Staple joined Mike and Dan for some intriguing tidbits. Give it a listen.
- It is time to shake off the rust and get back again into sport form. February is gonna be a brutal month – let’s see how they reply. [Newsday]
- Holiday vacation time is over, but the Islanders still guide the division by a few factors with game titles in hand on their chasers. [Islanders]
- The Islanders can essentially increase their perform from their really hot stretch considering the fact that mid-December by fixing their dreadful electricity perform and incorporating some depth, if they really do not go for the massive Trade Deadline acquisition. [WFAN]
- Islanders President and GM Lou Lamoriello is cautiously optimistic about his team’s odds this season, offering them credit for their perform so far but properly understanding they’ve still acquired a strategies to go. He also states that he’d like to maintain all of his pending UFAs over and above this season, and that a choice on a property arena arrive playoff time has not been made. [Newsday]
- AHL All-Star Michael Dal Colle and former AHL All-Star Devon Toews were being, fortunately, recalled back again to the Isles yesterday. Also, it appears forward John Stevens is ready to stage on the ice for the to start with time this season. [Soundin’ Off | CT Post on Dal Colle | CT Post on Stevens]
- Online video: Anders Lee sat down with Kathryn Tappen in the most up-to-date episode of Off the Ice to discuss his time as a pupil athlete – and conference his spouse – at Notre Dame. [NBC Sports]
Final night’s NHL scores include things like the Blue Jackets losing in regulation once more, to the Wild. I wonder if this accelerates any trades of their stars, if the distraction is turning into too excellent.
- Aaron Portzline, The Athletic’s resident Columbus author, mentions places for Artemi Panarin and Sergei Bobrovsky as pure rentals, and mentions likely areas they’d sign very long-expression. Though Portzline still thinks the Rangers are his most likely landing place in the offseason, Panarin and his camp “revere” Lamoriello, so… *massive eyes emoji* (complete estimate beneath) [The Athletic]
“If Panarin makes it to free agency July 1, I still consider the New York Rangers are the most likely spot. Panarin’s camp is stated to revere Islanders GM Lou Lamoriello, and the Islanders have remained aggressive this season in spite of the decline of John Tavares.”
- A title that some have brought up and that I would adore to have on the Island, if he’s offered, is Blues center Brayden Schenn. Suitable now, he’s a typical acquire-minimal applicant. In between that and St. Louis climbing back again into the playoff race, I’m not so certain they essentially do close up trading him (he would not be a pure rental as he has yet another yr on his offer immediately after this one particular). [TSN]
- There was a insignificant trade the other working day amongst the Devils and Wild – New Jersey acquired defenseman Ryan Murphy, and Minnesota acquired defenseman Michael Kapla. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The headline of this post is “Teams are essentially scouting Jay Bouwmeester,” which ought to tell you almost everything you need to have to know about how Blues supporters feel about Jay Bouwmeester. [St. Louis Game Time]
- Abide by Stars GM Jim Nill’s descent from top dog to the hot seat. Don’t forget how clever he appeared back again in 2016? Reminds me of how we all felt immediately after the offseason of 2014, a.k.a. the Summer months of Garth. [Defending Big D]
- Online video: The NHL Now crew lists the Major 10 Energetic Players in the NHL to perform for one particular team only, and you can actually guess the record with no observing if you wished to attempt. [NHL]
- Here’s a record of 5 players who are in the running for the way-too-close-to-get in touch with NWHL MVP race, such as Riveters’ winger Amanda Kessel. [The Ice Garden]
- Kendall Coyne Schofield reacted to the Pierre McGuire controversy by stating that she understands where by that notion came from and that she’d react similarly if she did not know McGuire, but she does know him very well, and stated his exhilaration acquired the very best of him. She also acknowledges that though excellent strides are staying made, there’s still a bit of work to be carried out. [The Athletic]