Some late Bits this morning, folks. It’s okay, the game’s late tonight. Right?
- Devon Toews has looked spectacular in his five NHL games and is making it impossible to send him back down. Hopefully, it means Adam Pelech or Luca Sbisa is the odd man out when Thomas Hickey is healthy. [The Sports Daily]
- Just how spectacular? Spizzwolf breaks it down with video. Spoiler alert: he’s really good. [LHH]
- Dom appeared on a Blues podcast to talk about his two favorite teams.
- Lou Lamoriello keeps everything close to the vest, so Elliotte Friedman is having a tough time getting a good read on their plans for the deadline, but he does say he’s not sure they’re completely interested in Sergei Bobrovsky anymore. [Nichols on Hockey]
- The Coliseum has definitely been a bigger draw than Barclays Center. Case in point: resale tickets for Coliseum games are 84% more expensive than Barclays. [Newsday]
- The Isle Seat Podcast talks about Mathew Barzal’s insane week and point streak.
- The Sound Tigers were shut down by the Syracuse Crunch last night. But not to worry: the Crunch are the Lightning’s AHL affiliate, so it’s probably stocked with players that could be in the NHL. [CT Post]
- The Tigers also renewed their investment in their arena in Bridgeport. [CT Post]
- Michael Dal Colle is an AHL All-Star, but it seems unlikely he’ll be demoted again from the NHL, so he would not be able to participate. A good problem for him, I’m sure. [Newsday]
- Sebastian Aho will probably be at the All-Star Classic, though. [Islanders]
- This week’s Maven’s Memories blog recaps Mike Bossy’s 50-in-50 season. [Islanders]