They laid down a turd the other evening towards a desperate staff in Buffalo, but that kinda decline is gonna materialize from time to time. The significant thing is that it’s far more of an isolated function and not a development, but I have minor question that will be the situation.
Tonight is a a great deal far more significant video game on the road actively playing the Columbus Blue Jackets, who, like the Washington Capitals, are scorching on the Islanders’ tails. Your FIG picks for tonight’s video game can land proper listed here. And Satisfied Valentine’s Working day to all of you.
Given that we have eleven-and-a-half several hours right until puck fall, we could use some entertainment. Sure, we’ve bought the precise Bits, which you should unquestionably always read through. UPDATE: And there’s a new Islanders Stress and anxiety on the way later this morning. But here’s a minor a little something special, that shot of Jameson, for your morning espresso:
McKenzie: “Nothing official on this just nevertheless, but I’m starting to get the sense – I’m starting to get the truly feel – that all playoff online games at Uniondale is not at all out of the concern.” #Isles NBCSN
— Chris Nichols (@NicholsOnHockey) February 14, 2019
- We lately joined to an Arthur Staple piece in which he examined likely trade targets for the Islanders yesterday, he printed an amended record as the sector starts to established alone and the team’s requirements come to be clearer. [The Athletic]
- There is only one particular Isles point out in this week’s version of Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Views, and it wasn’t even in one particular of the Views. It was in the introduction, but it’s a huge one particular: the Islanders are one particular of four certain-fireplace “big-video game hunters for rentals” in the NHL. Salivate at your own peril.
- LATE ADDITION: Maybe Lou is on the hunt for some electric power participate in aid as Carey outlines, it appears to be a absence of expertise. [LHH]
- The Railers dealt well-liked forward Woody Hudson to the Indy Fuel for defenseman Robert Powers. [Telegram]
- Previous Islanders very first-rounder and player Sean Bergenheim has declared his candidacy for Finnish Parliament, for the reason that why not? [The Athletic]
In other places
Very last night’s NHL scores include things like Sidney Crosby asserting his dominance after all over again above Connor McDavid as the Penguins defeated the Oilers – the two generational abilities experienced an help. McDavid has never ever beaten Crosby in an NHL video game.
- Regardless of all the tumult surrounding tonight’s opponent, forward Cam Atkinson, who just played in his 500th NHL video game and has 31 ambitions this time, is totally invested in the present and long run of the Blue Jackets and believes that they can compete this 12 months. [NHL]
- The St. Louis Blues have gone through a amazing turnaround from what they appeared like at the beginning of the time, profitable nonstop and on the lookout like a juggernaut in undertaking so. Right here are 5 good reasons why. [SLGT]
- Shayne Gostisbehere’s identify retains popping up in trade rumors, but should the Flyers trade him? BSH weighs in.
- Evgeni Malkin is acquiring a weird time: productive, but down a little bit for him, and he appears… off. [PensBurgh]
- The Lightning are almost flawless as a hockey staff, but the one particular region that could seriously use an advancement is the male that strains up with Victor Hedman. Suitable now, it’s Dan Girardi, and he sucks. So a great deal so that I truly forgot he was on Tampa Bay, for the reason that they’re incredible and he’s surprisingly lousy.
- The Maple Leaf Gardens building has been changed by a grocery store and a university facility, but the historical past and nostalgia are nevertheless there – no, seriously, there is a large crimson dot painted on the floor of the grocery store in which the centre ice dot used to be. [NHL]