All in all, 3 points from a 3-sport street journey is anything I’ll just take. The method of getting there was not excellent, but to speculate wildly, probably the Trade Deadline is weighing on them. Or, it’s possible the ailment functioning by means of the locker area earlier in the week nevertheless hadn’t totally absent away still. Whatsoever it is, we will have to hope, as supporters, it’s not long lasting.
I really do not imagine I’m by yourself in hoping Lou Lamoriello acquires a different scorer, and there might be a opportunity he gets a fantastic possibility:
Listening to the Islanders are among the the groups in pursuit of Mike Hoffman
— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) February 24, 2019
For now, nevertheless, we wait around. About 30 several hours to make anything take place.
Recaps from last night’s victory in excess of the Canucks: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL | NYI Skinny | Vancouver Province (Your Tao of Trotz for nowadays: “There’s far more to the Islanders than just a person person.”)
The mentor speaks about the get last evening:
- The Isles and their mentor, Barry Trotz, belief in Lou’s conclusion-building this deadline time. [Newsday]
- Nick Leddy harbors no sick thoughts towards Connor McDavid for the headshot in the initially period of time of the sport from the Oilers. [Newsday]
- The Islanders players are energized about the clash on Thursday evening when John Tavares and the Maple Leafs arrive to go to. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers won once again in additional time, this time defeating the Springfield Thunderbirds in the shootout. Michael Dal Colle scored the lone shootout objective. [CT Post | Soundin’ Off]
- It might not shock you to study this, but the Islanders are the most surprising workforce in the NHL this time below are four many others. [THN]
- Way again in 1979, when he was nevertheless just a faculty hockey mentor at Providence, Lamoriello was on the losing finish of a stunning comeback. His workforce led Cornell 5-1 in the quarterfinal and wound up losing 6-5 in OT. [Newsday]
In other places
Yesterday’s NHL scores involve the Sabres beating the Capitals in regulation, Columbus getting down the Sharks in regulation, and a stunner in the outdoor sport: the Flyers tied the Penguins with 20 seconds remaining and won it in extra time in their household city.