Does the NHL do everything on Friday night of All-Star Weekend anymore? I truthfully have no concept. Sound off in the comments if you know everything. If there is, we can seem forward to that tonight!
Indeed it does! Here’s the timetable for the All Star festivities from San Jose:
NHL All-Star Capabilities, Friday, Jan. 25, 9pm ET │ NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS
Honda NHL All-Star Game, Saturday, Jan. 26, 8pm ET │ NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS
- Mathew Barzal enters this All-Star Weekend as a less flashy player than he was very last period, but with much more crew-encouraged confidence. “It’s all about the wins,” he says. [The Athletic]
- The PHWA introduced its 2018-19 Midseason Awards and Barry Trotz is 1st in Jack Adams voting. Robin Lehner is 1st in Comeback Player of the 12 months (I consider the Masterton Trophy, except it has been renamed) and Lou Lamoriello is 3rd in GM of the 12 months voting. [PHWA]
- Jeff Veillette has some ideas on Lehner not receiving a top-three placement in the Vezina balloting and Trotz remaining 1st in the Jack Adams, as properly as Lou’s placement (at all) in the GM voting. [Faceoff Circle]
- The Instances dives into Lehner’s hand in the Islanders’ general resurgence this period. [NYT]
- Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Feelings column this 7 days has some Islanders tidbits about them remaining in 1st and about Devon Toews, and Friedman also spoke to Anders Lee about their results and his probable unrestricted no cost agency.
25. Lee is unrestricted this summer time. “This is my household. I do not see everything that tends to make me want to do everything distinctive. I’m not nervous about it.”
- The Isle Seat Podcast discusses the Isles’ robust complete that has them 1st in the division heading into the All-Star Break, takes phone calls from the supporters about trade recommendations, and is joined by Jay Berman from CBS Sports Radio.
- This weekend, Trotz is returning to his (and Ryan Pulock’s) hometown of Dauphin, Manitoba to celebrate Ukrainian Night time with the Dauphin Kings, a Jr. A hockey club.
- This 7 days, Stan Fischler relived the 1983 All-Star Game, which was hosted by the Islanders. Billy Crystal emceed and Wayne Gretzky scored four aims. [Maven’s Memories]
- P.K. Subban promises that Pierre-Edourad Bellemare little bit his finger during a scuffle in the crease on Wednesday night, the most recent alleged biting victim in the NHL. [Deadspin]
- Recall when Bruce Boudreau stirred up controversy for his expletive-laden rant on HBO’s 24/7: Street to the Wintertime Typical? Funny and memorable while it was, rants such as that, devoid of any tactical advice, are slowly becoming extinct in NHL locker rooms. [The Athletic]
- Amid the news Pavel Datsyuk is considering a return to the NHL, supporters of the crew who signed his most current paychecks, the Arizona Coyotes, mull about the concept of the legendary Russian becoming a member of their squad. [Five for Howling]